What is ADA Compliance?
ADA refers to the Americans with Disabilities Act, a broad piece of legislation that covers a lot of different aspects of accessibility for people with disabilities. The DOJ has made two affirmations (most recent in 2022) that websites are places of public accommodations and thus must comply with ADA III.
Why do I care?
Besides loss of business that comes from people with disabilities not being able to access your website…
- 200% increase in lawsuits and demand letters from 2017 to 2018
- 2021 has the largest number of web accessibility lawsuits ever
- DOJ affirms ADA applies to websites by November 2018
- Over 265,000 demand letters served to businesses in 2021
- 93% of demand letters settle outside of court for $20,000 – $150,000 on average
- 7% of businesses fight and lose in court
Web accessibility is a set of rules, behaviors, code standards and design guides to allow people affected by blindness, motor & mobility issues, color blindness, epilepsy, blurred vision, cognitive disorders, aging, cataracts, and more to effectively use websites.
What solutions exist?
We’ve partnered with accessiBe to try to bring you a comprehensive solution that is also cost-effective. accessiBe starts at $490/year. For small-medium businesses without a dev team, it’s a great starting point to make your website accessible.
How does this AI work?
- Install a single line of JS code on your website.
- Your website instantly displays our accessibility interface.
- The AI starts scanning and analyzing your website.
- In 48 hours, the AI is finished, and your website is compliant.
- The AI re-scans for new and revised content to process every 24 hours.
How do I sign up?
Take advantage of a 10% discount using our partner link below.
Do you have questions?
Reach out to the wrrk team. We can assist with the setup or connect you with accessiBe for a demo.